Your blind can be made to fit the inside of the recess of your window or it can hang on the outside. Exact. This measurement is required when you want your blind to hang outside the recess. Your blind will be made to these measurements.(please see measuring instructions).
Recess. This measurement is required when you want your blind to fit inside the window recess. We will make the adjustment for you and your blind will be made to fit into the recess. (please see measuring instructions).
Follow these instructions if you want your blind to fit inside the recess:
1. Measure the width of the recess from wall to wall in three places as shown. Then take the shortest measurement as your width..
2. Measure the drop by measuring from the top of the recess to the window sill in three places as shown. Then take the shortest measurement as your drop..
Note: When measuring Recess please take note of any obstructions like Tiles, Dado Rails, Skirting boards etc that may alter the actual width of the recess..
Follow these instructions for blinds that you want to hang outside the window recess:.
1. Decide how much you want your blind to overlap and then provide the exact measurement of the Width you'd like your blind to be.
2. Decide how much you want your blind to overlap and then provide the exact measurement of the Drop you'd like your blind to be.
Please be aware that on roller blinds there is a mechanism at one end (which controls the blind) which means that the fabric is actually 35mm less then the blind size. On recess blinds you just need to provide the recess measurement as normal and we will make the adjustment. On Exact blinds decide how much you want the blind to overlap allowing extra for the mechanism.
Wand Controls and Lengths (If you require cord controls please contact us on 0800 6127 685)
If you order a right hand stack, your control wand will be on the right hand side of your blind when open.
If you order a left hand stack, your control wand will be on the left hand side of your blind when open.
If you order a split stack, your control wand will be in the centre of the blind and will open to the right hand side.
The length of the control wands will be as follows. If you require a different length wand, please contact us with your requirements.
Up to 1 meter blind drop - 500mm wand
Up to 2 meter blind drop - 1000mm wand
Up to 2.5 meter blind drop - 1200mm wand
Up to 3 meter blind drop - 1500mm wand
Up to 3.5 meter blind drop - 2000mm wand
1. Before you begin, ensure there is a clearance of 6mm all around the outside of your window beading to allow enough room for the Perfect Fit
2. Measure the width and the drop of your glass size accurately with a digital measuring tape. We recommend that you measure in both corners and the middle of your window and use the smallest size taken.
3. Measure the depth of the window using the depth gauge (alternatively place a piece of wood across the frame and measure the distance from the wood to the glass. This gives you the measurement from the face of the window frame to the glass (this is normally 18mm/20mm/24mm) and will determine the size of the window fixing brackets to be used.